Port-i386 archive

NetBSD/i386 8.0 RC1 Vs. VIA C3

Hello,

    Today I tried NetBSD/i386 8.0 RC1 on a VIA EPIA M10000
mainboard (1 GHz C3 Nehemiah, 1GB RAM, 40 GB disk).  Sleep
and suspend don't work...

  $apm -S
  spkr0 at audio0: PC Speaker (synthesized)
  acpi0: entering state S1
  acpi0: sleep state S1 is not available

...host continues to operate.

  $apm -z
  System will enter suspend mode in a moment.
  spkr0 at audio0: PC Speaker (synthesized)
  acpi0: entering state S3
  Flushing disk caches: done

...disk spins down, host fails to enter standby state and
hangs.  I have to cycle power to bring the host back up.

- Andy Ball.