Port-i386 archive

Re: Problems with ld.elf_so in -current

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 11:55:55AM +0200, Jarle Greipsland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that our current ld.elf_so has a problem with certain
> binaries.  Both gmplayer and xine compiled from pkgsrc seg faults
> early when started.

Just to make sure: you did recompile the binaries recently? Or you are
talking about old binaries? Is that from pkgsrc-current?

> $ gmplayer
> gmplayer: text relocations

Text relocations are evil and fallout from wrong flags used when compiling
the binaries/shared libraries or a compiler/assembler/linker bug.

> gmplayer: Cannot write-enable text segment: Permission denied

That is probably security.pax.mprotect at work. This is a fatal error.

Martin