Port-i386 archive

Problems with ld.elf_so in -current

Hi,

it seems that our current ld.elf_so has a problem with certain
binaries.  Both gmplayer and xine compiled from pkgsrc seg faults
early when started.  The core dump indicates that the fault
happens in ld.elf_so.  I'm not a heavy user of these programs, so
I cannot say for sure when this problem occured, but I think they
worked as expected back in May.  Does anybody know what might be
the problem?

Also, if I copy in the ld.elf_so from a i386 7.1_STABLE system,
gmplayer starts normally again.

Some symptoms:

$ gmplayer
gmplayer: text relocations
gmplayer: Cannot write-enable text segment: Permission denied

# sysctl -w security.pax.mprotect.global=0
security.pax.mprotect.global: 1 -> 0

$ gmplayer
gmplayer: text relocations
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

$ gdb /usr/pkg/bin/gmplayer gmplayer.core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.12
[ ... hubba bubba ... ]
Reading symbols from /usr/pkg/bin/gmplayer...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
[New process 1]
Core was generated by `gmplayer'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0xbae89790 in _rtld_relocate_plt_lazy () from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
(gdb) bt
#0  0xbae89790 in _rtld_relocate_plt_lazy () from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
#1  0xbae8d515 in _rtld_relocate_objects () from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
#2  0xbae8be89 in _rtld () from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
#3  0xbae894aa in .rtld_start () from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
(gdb)

					-jarle
--
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
 are genuine."			-- Abraham Lincoln