Port-i386 archive

Re: Problems with pkgsrc on NetBSD-5.2

> The situation in NetBSD is effectively:
> (1) GCC which has a runtime exception for the libraries that removes
> the immediate problems of the GPL3 [...]

How does it do that?

As far as I can see, that would face me with a choice of (a) having no
compiler, (b) sticking my head in the metaphorical copyright sand and
hoping the GPLv3 permits whatever I want to do, and (c) paying for a
professional legal opinion on the GPLv3's suitability for my purposes
(and then, even if it's favourable, hoping the FSF doesn't decide they
disagree and want to make an example of me).

Given that trilemma?  I'll stick with 5.2 (and earlier).

> (2) GDB which can be easily dropped from the target system.
> (3) Binutils which can be easily dropped from the target system.

One of the things I use NetBSD for is software development.
Toolchains, including debuggers, are not, for me, optional.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign