Port-i386 archive

Re: Problems with pkgsrc on NetBSD-5.2

>>> Is pkgsrc not supported on NetBDS-5.2 anymore?
> Just as a side note, NetBSD 5.2 itself has been out of support for
> almost two years.

Except, of course, for the only support it's ever really had: that
provided by community volunteers.

It's true there are probably fewer volunteers interested in helping
with 5.2 now than there were, say, five years ago.  But there aren't
none - I still run 5.2 (well, a private evolution of 5.2, which I
daresay anyone running anything based on 5.2 is also doing to some
extent), and I know of a machine in live production use running
NetBSD/i386 1.5.2 - and it's _not_ one of my own.  And another running
2.0, and another running 3.1, also not mine.  While the most visible
(to the list) machines running NetBSD that old are perhaps mine, I
can't believe cases like the ones I mentioned above are all _that_
rare.

> Soon, NetBSD 6.x will go out of support.  You should upgrade to
> NetBSD 7.x as soon as you can.

Not that I'm the person you were talking to, but, speaking personally,
fix the licensing and I might.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign