Port-i386 archive

Re: NetBSD-5, snapshot or head?

Hi,

> The NetBSD 5.1 release is 1 year old. What iso do you
> advise to install for a new system, NetBSD-5,
> daily snapshot or head?
>
> Do you have any experiences in terms of "usability"
> following the NetBSD-head for i386?
>
> I'd planning to install it on an old laptop for
> desktop and some development (Python).
> I'm much more interested on features
> instead of stability (I can tolerate some issue).
>
> Do the new features in head are often back ported
> to NetBSD-5-1? Or again, do the head is stable enough
> for daily use?
my experience with current is that it's running perfectly stable.
Just have a look at the archives of current-users and netbsd-bugs:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/tindex.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/index.html

Imho, it's mostly about current not building than any serious stability
problems.

Regards, Julian