Port-i386 archive

boot.cfg 'userconf' keyword...

I've tried to keep hpet from attaching on one of my servers by adding to
the boot.cfg,

userconf disable hpet

and when that didn't work, by adding

userconf disable hpet*

Neither has the desired effect of preventing hpet from attaching.
Booting -c and entering 'disable hpet' and then 'quit' has the right
effect.

I've just recently installed fresh -current sources and copied
/usr/mdec/boot over /boot, so I'm pretty sure that I'm using an
up-to-date bootloader!

Any ideas?

Dave

--
David Young             OJC Technologies is now Pixo
dyoung%pixotech.com@localhost     Urbana, IL   (217) 344-0444 x24