Port-i386 archive

Re: soekris net5501 and netbsd-5 /boot

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 10:14:05AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> It seems like a bug that installing a new bootstrap doesn't preserve
> options.  Do others feel that way?

Not as a default action.
Otherwise it is difficult to get a system 'clean'.

> > The system might even be coming up far enough to let you login remotely!
>
> For reasons I don't understand, while after setting "console com0" to
> /boot, the system came up and was on the net, without that it never did.

Possibly the kernel starts talking directly to the io/mem ports of the
assumed vga output screen.  I suspect that doesn't work well.
The code might even try to trap into the bios - which will work
even less well.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost