Port-i386 archive

Re: Good scanner for NetBSD?

On 10/27/2010 10:26 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

The HP scanner we have at work these days doesn't require any
drivers for any platform. It has an ethernet port and a web
interface. If you want to scan something you put the document on
the scanner, visit the web interface with a browser (Firefox
works), click on scan and the image gets transfered to your
computer.

I recently acquired an HP Photosmart Premium C309g, which also provides
a web interface for scanning.  Moreover, with the wip/hplip3 package,
both printing (with CUPS) and scanning (with SANE) work.  This is with
the printer connected by ethernet, I did not try the USB connection.

According to a quick web search, this inkjet MFD can be found for less
than Â100 in the UK.

GrÃgoire