Port-i386 archive

Re: ACPI-Problems with NetBSD/i386 and a Compaq DL360 G1

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, the_badger%gmx.net@localhost wrote:

Posting the acpidump(8) output would be a good start. (Unfortunately, we
probably need the so-called MADT table, which is neither possible with
acpidump(8) in 5.x nor with acpidump(8) in pkgsrc/sysutils/acpidump.  So
you'd need to boot to an alternative operating system to do that.)

But compiling a kernel with ACPI_MADT_DEBUG defined and posting the output
will likely do as well.

Will do that as soon as the new kernel (with ACPI_MADT_DEBUG enabled) has
finished compiling.

Has there been any further progress on this problem? I had noticed it quite some time ago, and have always been meaning to try to get more information about the problem and get a PR submitted about it, but booting without ACPI has been a sufficient enough work-around that I had't ever done anything more with it. I had thought about defining ACPI_MADT_DEBUG to try to see what was happening, but never got any farther than thinking.

I've got a DL360 G1 that I could test with, and I could also update one of my boot disks with -current if the acpidump(8) output can get the MADT information.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant