Port-i386 archive

Re: ACPI-Problems with NetBSD/i386 and a Compaq DL360 G1

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:27:12PM +0200, the_badger%gmx.net@localhost wrote:
> I am currently setting up a Compaq DL360 G1 Server with NetBSD (5.1_RC2).
> While this worked perfectly so far with a single-CPU variant (after some
> help from Matthias Scheler with a reboot-problem, see attached patch and
> PR 38501), the kernel (my own patched one as well as -GENERIC) froze the
> moment the first CPU was printed in green on the screen after I changed
> from single to dual processor.  I was able to boot the kernel by disabling

Posting the acpidump(8) output would be a good start. (Unfortunately, we
probably need the so-called MADT table, which is neither possible with
acpidump(8) in 5.x nor with acpidump(8) in pkgsrc/sysutils/acpidump.  So
you'd need to boot to an alternative operating system to do that.)

But compiling a kernel with ACPI_MADT_DEBUG defined and posting the output
will likely do as well.

- Jukka.