Port-i386 archive

head(1)

Hello,

I'm currently using NetBSD/i386-4.0.1 and I need to carve up a large
file using head(1) and tail(1).  I am unable to do that because head
seems only able to work on files of size up to around 2 Gbytes.  I
suspect this is because bytecnt and linecnt are "long" (presumably
signed) integers.  I'm told that "long long" would help and I wonder
if it's appropriate for them to be unsigned.  I found the source in
src/usr.bin/head/head.c  I've looked at tail.c, which looks quite
different to head.c, so I'm not sure whether it shares the same
deficiency.  I'm not sufficiently comfortable in C, so it would help
me if someone could fix this.

Thanks,
  - Andy Ball