Port-i386 archive

Re: 5.0.1 boot messages: a few questions

On 8 Jan 2010, at 8:50, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:

>>    FWH (INT0800) at acpi0 not configured
>>      ["Firmware hub" or "PCI bus"???]
>
> This one handles things like Intel HW random number generator. It should be
> supported, but it is handled outside ACPI.

This is very likely just a useless entry in the ACPI tables. The BIOS of my
HP Proliant ML110 G4 has a similar entry but the random number generator
is not present. I don't think it has been present in any motherboard chipset
which Intel released in the last five years.

The last motherboard I owned which actually had an RNG was an Intel D865PERLK
for Pentium IV CPUs.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/