Port-i386 archive

Intel Pentium FDIV bug consequences

Hello!

Recently I had to revive an old Pentium based machine using
NetBSD 5.0.1. The kernel warns me about the presence of the
infamous FDIV bug but does it have any workarounds for this
problem or it only prints this warning and it's up to the
userland code to work around it somehow?

What I'm concerned about is that could this possibly affect
the operation of compute-intensive crypto code like OpenSSL
and similar in the form of some sporadic corruption in the
data transferred over SSL for example?

Thanks,
Sab