Port-i386 archive

Re: Time to prune some drivers? ISA SCSI, tape, etc.

>> I know one of the machines I've worked with recently has a BusLogic
>> SCSI card in it, though I can't recall whether my own or at work.  I
>> *think* it's a PCI BusLogic, but would have to track the machine
>> down and check to be sure.  Would it be of value for me to?
> Yes, particularly if it is one of the models which can be configured
> via its BIOS to not also show up at the traditional ISA
> BusLogic/Adaptec register addresses (I've never understood how that
> works with a subtractive-decode PCI-ISA bridge also in the system,
> either....).

I found the machine.

It's one of my own.  The bha is PCI.  According to its internal
BIOS-time utility, it's a "BusLogic BT-958 at Port Address DC00h".  I'm
not sure what that "Port Address" means for a PCI card, but then, I
don't really know peecee hardware.  The attachment chain from dmesg
(for 3.1, that being what I have at ready hand) is simple:

mainbus0 (root)
[...]
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, rd/mult, wr/inv ok
[...]
bha2 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: BusLogic 9xxC SCSI
bha2: interrupting at irq 11
bha2: model BT-958, firmware 5.07B
bha2: 192 H/W CCBs, sync, parity, tagged queueing
scsibus0 at bha2: 16 targets, 8 luns per target

If anyone wants more information, just tell me how to get it. :)  I can
even test-boot other kernels, provided they're bootable by the 3.1
bootloader (probably 4.0.1 too, soon, since I want to push this machine
to 4.0.1).

\ / Ribbon Campaign