Port-i386 archive

mac virtualization recommendation

I have an intel macbook pro just under 2 years old, with 10.5.8.  I have
parallels 3.0, and on booting netbsd-5 or netbsd-current it hangs after
  atttimer0: attached to pcppi0

I turned off VT-x (thanks hubertf blog), and it seemed to work for
netbsd-5, but now I can't repeat that feat.

What are people's current recomendations for running netbsd in a vm on a
mac?  I would like to be able to do kernel debugging, plus use the
netbsd system normally.  As long as a license is less than a $100-$200,
I don't really care how much; I'd rather minimize grief.  It seems the
plausible choices are vmware fusion and parallels.