Port-i386 archive

Re: config <kernelname>

On Oct 9, 2009, at 10:58 PM, David Johnson wrote:

Steven,

Thanks for responding to my question.

[1] I downloaded v5.0 using anon CVS from NetBSD.org
[2] Following the NetBSD Guide, Chapter 31.3 Creating the kernel Configuration File, as a test, I simply copied the GENERIC kernel config file, as is to MYKERNEL with no changes in the same directory. I then attempted, as a sanity test, the config MYKERNEL command which is the next step to generate dependencies. The result was a bunch of lines of errors reported. This was my test case before venturing off into actually trying to change the config for real. Is anyone else able to confirm my findings or am I off in the weeds here?
[3]  MYKERNEL is in the same directory as GENERIC.

I did not try running build.sh yet.

Again: what version of NetBSD are you trying this on? If you try to build a 5.0 kernel while running on 4.0 and using 4.0's config, I would *expect* errors. build.sh handles that for you automatically. Note the warning in 31.4.1 -- it applies to version differences as well as platform differences.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem,
David