Port-i386 archive

Re: config <kernelname>

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, David Johnson wrote:

Steven,

Thanks for responding to my question.

[1] I downloaded v5.0 using anon CVS from NetBSD.org
[2] Following the NetBSD Guide, Chapter 31.3 Creating the kernel Configuration File, as a test, I simply copied the GENERIC kernel config file, as is to MYKERNEL with no changes in the same directory. I then attempted, as a sanity test, the config MYKERNEL command which is the next step to generate dependencies. The result was a bunch of lines of errors reported. This was my test case before venturing off into actually trying to change the config for real. Is anyone else able to confirm my findings or am I off in the weeds here?
[3]  MYKERNEL is in the same directory as GENERIC.

I did not try running build.sh yet.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem,

Youneed to do a better job of helping us to help you:

1. How about providing specifics on the error messages?

2. If you try `config GENERIC' do you get the same messages?

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |