Port-i386 archive

Re: X.org Vs. i810

2009/5/21 Andrew Ball <aball%students.prairiestate.edu@localhost>:

> Hello,
>
> Â ÂI would like to be able to run an X server on the console of my
> NetBSD/i386 5.0 host, which has an Intel i810 chipset with integrated
> graphics. ÂI tried using xorgconfig to create an X.org configuration
> file for i810, but X won't start, complaining that there is no i810
> driver module. An X.org person advised me to install xf86-video-intel,
> but when I try "make" in x11/xf86-video-intel, the build fails with...
>
> Â Âchecking for XKBCOMP... configure: error: Package requirements
> Â Â(x11 xkbfile) were not met:

To do that you need to install full Xorg using pkgsrc. In other words,
pkgsrc cannot build a single Xorg driver without first switching to
the modular Xorg from pkgsrc.

In some version of X the driver name was changed from i810 to intel,
perhaps this is just fallout of that change and setting the driver
name in the X configuration would work.

HTH

Michal