Port-i386 archive

Why firefox crashes [Re: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD]

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:49:07PM +0100, Michal Suchanek wrote:

> >  past, and Firefox completed installation and ran on only on one of three
> >  systems. I don't understand what is so fragile in it, but it happens to be
> >  that fragile.

Firefox consumes a ton of file descriptors without raising its descriptor
limit. Rather than print an error or raise the limit, it crashes when it
runs out. We raised the default descriptor limit for 5.0. Since that change
firefox has not crashed on me once.

Andrew