Port-i386 archive

Re: Desktop NetBSD needs your help

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 05:57:40PM +0300, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
> 3. It would be nice to have customizable installation CD: all my systems
>    use the same time zone, similar package setup. Custom installation CD
>    creator would be very nice feature.

OpenBSD's installer has an interesting feature for this.  They have an
extra, "virtual" install set (I forgot the name, let's say local.tgz) that
is not installed by default, because it is not on the default CD or on the
ftp site, but admins can put it on their own CD's or http/ftp sites with
any additions/overrides they wish.  As the set will be installed last, it
can overwrite default configuration files, but it could also install
complete packages and other add-ons.

        Geert