Port-i386 archive

Re: Desktop NetBSD needs your help

> Instead of seeing this as something like turn of tide, one could
> contemplate that also developers and contributors require desktops
> for their work.  Providing people a modern workstation would
> presumably save time for the actual work, be it VAX or embedded
> devices with scare resources.

Certainly.  But nothing says they have to be the same OS.  The
tradeoffs are sufficiently different that I think it's often better
they not be.  If I wanted to set up a desktop for someone who wanted
the Windows/Mac/Linux "desktop experience", I wouldn't pick NetBSD,
even today, because that's not what it's good at.  NetBSD can't be all
OSes to all people.

\ / Ribbon Campaign