Port-i386 archive

Re: geting linux TLS working

    Date:        Sun, 26 Oct 2008 00:15:40 -0400
    From:        christos%zoulas.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)

  | Let's pull up the change now and put
  | a note in the release notes that you need the new libpthread for 5.0
  | to work.

No, you can't do that, if that was satisfactory, then (I think) the
revivesa stuff would never have been needed.   The new kernel MUST
run an old userland 100% unchanged (assuming only the new kernel is
compiled with the correct COMPAT_XXX type options).

Anything else and backward compatibility is completely gone.

kre