Port-i386 archive

Re: boot(8) diffs

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 07:39:30PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
> I dont know why but I with the latest patch I can see following text
> when I boot my computer:
> Fn: diskn
>
> Then I press enter and it jumps right to the boot menu.

To clarify...

The text is output by the 'bootselect' code above any menu
(which would appear as '1: <name>' etc on later lines).

However no menu strings can be defined since none appear.

When you press <enter> that is a request to boot the active
partition - which is probably the one you want.

I half thought I'd managed to squeeze in code to not wait
for a key if no menuy items were output, but there is no
sign of such code. In any case you might want to press F2 to
boot a different disk.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost