Port-i386 archive

Re: What hardware for a cheap NetBSD server?

Hello Seb,

  SS> does ancay one have a link to something that can help
    > admin to choose server to use with NetBSD, or
    > experience with working servers?

    I currently use NetBSD on an HP ML110, which is not a
rack mount server.  For the most part it seems to work very
well. In retrospect I would have ordered it without the RAID
-5 controller, since I can't talk to that without physically
sitting in front of the machine, which lives about 210 km
away.

    What sort of work will the server be doing?  I use X11
via VNC, but I don't think I've ever run an X server on the
console.

- Andy Ball.