Port-i386 archive

Re: NetBSD on a mini-ITX motherboard?

Joel CARNAT wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:36:08 -0700, "Robert P. Thille" said:
I'm running -CURRENT from awhile ago (~6months?) on a EPIA EN-15000G. I
wanted to run Linux, so I could have VMWare & Windows, but Linux was
unstable, even without X. It took until quite recently for me to get X
running stable on NetBSD with the OpenChrome drivers, but it seems quite
stable now (though it's not primarily used as a GUI box).

could you give url/howto/notes to perform installation of openchrome
drivers on NetBSD please ?

Note that I haven't much of a clue as to what I'm doing with this stuff, but I did manage to cobble together a pkgsrc package:
http://www.rangat.org/rthille/DropBox/x11_xf86-video-openchrome.tgz

It's not "valid" for checkin because it makes reference to pkgsrc/wip/modular-xorg-macros, but I couldn't get it to build otherwise... Also, my machine is an ugly mix of in-tree X11 and Xorg, and when I recently built current to try to clean it up, my kernel died on boot with a panic, so I can't see if this driver will work on a 'clean' x-org type system.

Feel free to give me any feedback.

Robert

--
HELP ME FIGHT CANCER!           DONATE HERE: http://tinyurl.com/ynq7uk