Port-i386 archive

Problems with ICH2?

        Hello,

one of the NetBSD systems I look after froze again today. It has been
doing that for quite a while unfortunately with both NetBSD 3.1_STABLE
and NetBSD 4.0(_BETA2,_RC*|). The only common pattern of these crashes
is that they happen if at least one the harddisks is busy.

I think that it is a hardware problem but I want to make sure because
we already threw some hardware at the problem which did't help at all.
The only parts we didn't change are the motherboard (ASUS P4B266 SE)
the CPU (Pentium IV 2.0A) and the case (we did however change the
power supply).  My guess is that the motherboard has developed a fault.

I'm therefore looking for somebody who can confirm that Intel's ICH2
south bridge ...

piixide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1
piixide0: Intel 82801BA IDE Controller (ICH2) (rev. 0x05)
piixide0: bus-master DMA support present
piixide0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode
piixide0: primary channel interrupting at ioapic0 pin 14 (irq 14)

... works stable under NetBSD 4.0, especially in combination with raid(4).

        Kind regards