Port-i386 archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: xosview-1.8.3nb2 & NetBSD 4.0

Probably a restriction/limitation in xosview. I get similar results (only one CPU meter) on both of my dual-core AMD64 systems. It seems to indicate % used out of total, so when it says 50%, it could be one CPU running flat out and the other totally idle, or both could be at 50%, or one @ 25% and the other at 75%...

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Steven Grunza wrote:

On a system with 4 CPU's (two sockets /w/ Hyperthreading enabled) I only get one CPU meter using xosview but top displays four CPUs.

Anyone else notice this problem? I just switched from CentOS 4.5 to NetBSD and was surprised to only get a single CPU meter.

I installed NetBSD from CDROM and then added appropriate stuff to config file to get CPU1, CPU2, CPU3 running.

I can include dmesg output and/or config file if that would help.

"Unix is user friendly, it's just | Steven Grunza
particular about with whom it     | voice:  (856) 787 - 2759
makes friends."                   | fax:    (856) 866 - 2033
- Unknown                        | mailto:steven_grunza%ieee.org@localhost


|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index