Port-i386 archive

Re: MATH_EMULATE

Vit Herman <v.herman%sh.cvut.cz@localhost> writes:
>>From my friend's 386:

Is this an actual 386?

> $ uname -a
> NetBSD mali 3.1 NetBSD 3.1 (GENERIC_TINY) #0: Tue Oct 31 04:28:25 UTC 2006
> builds%b0.netbsd.org@localhost:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-3-1-RELEASE/i386/200610302053Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-3-1-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC_TINY
> i386
>
> $ ldd $(which ping)
> /sbin/ping:
>         -lm.0 => /lib/libm.so.0
>         -lipsec.2 => /lib/libipsec.so.2
>         -lc.12 => /lib/libc.so.12

Hrm. I note that ldd claims that you are linking against the correct
libm, so sqrt should in fact be handled by the library and not by the
non-existent FPU. This machine is a machine where ping actually
crashes on sqrt when you try to run it?

> $ sysctl machdep.fpu_present
> machdep.fpu_present = 0
[...]
> I can post results from my machines later today, or is this sufficient?

Well, it would be best to have all the tests conducted on the same
machine so we don't have accidents...

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost