Error Booting on HP620lx

Hi all,

I'm trying to get NetBSD working on my HP620lx. I put netbsd.gz,
hpcboot.exe, and miniroot.fs on a storage card (8mb). I ran hpcboot.exe
and set the kernel image to \storage card\netbsd.gz. The keyboard type is
"hp620lx (Japanese)", since hp620lx didn't seem to work at all. Root file
system is set to MD and the file is miniroot.fs. When I click BOOT i see a
bunch of stuff fly by, including it opening and recognizing the netbsd.gz
and miniroot.fs files. Then it asks if I'm sure I want to boot and I click
YES.

Then it starts booting, runs through a bunch of things that scroll by REAL
fast, and then I get the following:

root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
mountroot: trying nfs...
mountroot: trying msdos...
wd0: no disk label
mountroot: trying ffs...
no file system for wd0 (dev 0x100)
cannot mount root, error = 79
root device (default wd0a):

If I input wd0e and let the dump device go to wd0b and file system as
generic I get the following:

root on wd0e dumps to wd0b
mountroot: trying nfs...
mountroot: trying msdos...
wd0: no disk label
root file system type: msdos
warning: no /dev/console
init: copying out path '/sbin/init' 11
init: copying out path '/sbin/oinit' 12
init: copying out path '/sbin/init.bak' 15
init: not found
panic: no init
stopped in pid 1(init) at cpu_Debugger+0x6 mov r14,r15
db>

I'm not overly familiar with bsd, but I'm thinking this is more like
something I did really wrong. Any suggestions? Sorry for the newbie
question

Marc