Re: WLAN on Jornada?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 00:17:46 +0200, Stefan Schumacher wrote:

> * Valeriy E. Ushakov (uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost) wrote:
> >
> > > Are there any supported WLAN PCMCIA cards?
> >
> > NETGEAR MA401 is what I use and it works for me both under NetBSD and
> > WinCE.
>
> This weekend I got a MA401 and tested it with 1.6.1 and the
> hpcsh-20030924-gcc331 snapshot. On both systems I get:
>
>   NETGEAR MA401 Wireless PC, Card, Version 01.00 (manufacturer 0x0156,
>   product 0x0002) at pcmcia0,  function 0 not configured
>
> Shall I pass some options to the Kernel or am I required to recompile it?
> If so, how do I have to configure the Kernel?

You need to add a line

    wi* at pcmcia0 function ?

to the kernel config.  hpcsh's GENERIC config didn't have it at the
time I made the snapshot, so GENERIC doesn't recognize it.  I've added
it to GENERIC recently.

You can either do a native compile, or cross-compile a new kernel from
another NetBSD, Linux or FreeBSD system.

If you want to do a quick test, I've put my kernel at:

    http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/netbsd-NADA.bz2

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost                         |       Zu Grunde kommen