Port-hpcmips archive

Re: Mobile Pro 880 Successes with 4.0

Awesome...more toys...  :-)

Glad to see someone is working with the latest pkgsrc.  I'm kind of waiting for
5.0 to come out and make a clean sweep of things.

My own choice of window manager is WindowMaker.  I typically have about 3 or 4
xterms open, and about 5 doc apps going (clock, weather, audio mixer, etc).  I
do have swap enabled on the CF.  There's lots of little things that add up to
make a big difference in performance such as turning off atime on the mount,
softdeps, and so forth.

I do see some significant lag when starting some apps, but when things settle
down, it generally runs ok.

I'm curious how you do your builds.  I've had good luck using GXEMUL on some
beastly desktop to brute force "native" builds for everything.

Regards,

-S-