Port-hpcmips archive

Mobile Pro 880 Successes with 4.0

I've been using the MP880 with NetBSD 4.0 for about a year now as a home brew
netbook.

If anyone is interested, I have approximately 200 binary packages built from
PKGSRC 2007Q4.  This includes languages such as perl, python, ruby, etc.
Editors such as nano and vim-gtk2.  Web browsing with javascript enabled
elinks, and dillo.  And some multimedia stuff such as mplayer.

With the right encoding parameters, one can have an MP4 video playing in the
corner of the screen while typing an email in an xterm.

The developers have truly done some wonderful work on the 880 support as it is
a very functional and reliable little beast.

Cheers,

-S-