Port-hp300 archive

Re: HP 9000 Series 332 support. Hardware request.

Hello all.

I was the author of one of the olde posts...

I remember that back then, I finally managed to get *some* NetBSD
running on the HP 9000/318 - limited to built in 4 MB memory, no local
disk drive, swap over 10 MBit/sec Ethernet, console via serial port, no
graphics monitor available.

Even X11-Clients would work on the machine - although swapping would
take very long.

Not all kernels would work however; I remember I had to try quite a bit.
I should have archived the netboot-setup and my logs from back then, so
I might be able to look up details if required.

Kind regards, Joerg

On 07.09.2013 20:26, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>> Does anyone remember an older version that was known to work ok in
>> just 4MB? (or possibly 5MB)
>
> There was a report that a shrinked NetBSD 4.0_BETA kernel
> somewhat worked on 9000/318:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/2007/08/24/0002.html
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/2007/08/27/0000.html

Dr. med. Jörg M. Sigle                              +41-76-276-8694
http://www.ql-recorder.com                         +41-32-51-22-944
http://www.jsigle.com       Have a lovely day...  +49-176-964-35413