Port-hp300 archive

Re: HP 9000 Series 332 support. Hardware request.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> 4MB should be enough - certainly with 1744K free. I suspect its likely
> there is a serial console issue. Do you have hardware control lines
> enabled?

I will check that setting on the config switches.  I am using a cable that
should have them and the USB serial should as well.  I thought I set
it to ignore those, but I could have the sense of the switch wrong.

> As a test you might want to configure rc.conf and fstab (with swap :)
> on the disk and see if the system comes up multiuser. It would
> definitely confirm if its a serial console issue...

I'm using the miniroot right now, but might have to try to make an installed
file-system image or something.  I need to spend some more time testing it.
Getting kernels into the miniroot and copied over to be an emulated did is a
pain right now.

> I'd probably look at attaching genfb(4) - all you need is a frame
> buffer address, width, height, depth & stride & away you go...

I'll look into that if it isn't a 1 bit topcat as Miod mentioned.
Thanks for the feedback.

-Andrew