Port-hp300 archive

Re: HP 9000 Series 332 support. Hardware request.

> I recently acquired a 332 and wanted to boot NetBSD on it if I could.

Good to hear. (as a port maintainer ;-)

> I have an R/332 (instrument controller) with 1MB that I can briefly
> rob the ram from to get 5MB, but haven't tested it yet.
>
> Does anyone remember an older version that was known to work ok in
> just 4MB? (or possibly 5MB)

There was a report that a shrinked NetBSD 4.0_BETA kernel
somewhat worked on 9000/318:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/2007/08/24/0002.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/2007/08/27/0000.html

6.x kernels include wscons support so they would be larger than before.
Anyway, it would be better to get an Ethernet card for NFS userland.

> Anyone in the SF Bay Area have any extra hp300 hardware they want to
> get rid of?

IIRC I have a DIO LANCE board (in Japan though).
I'll dig my junk box later.

> Ok, another question.  If I add an intio attachment for 'gendiofb' is
> it likely to work for this device?
> "fb at intio0 not configured"

gendiofb is for DIO framebuffers on 9000/362 and 9000/382,
so it won't work on intio ones.

---
Izumi Tsutsui