Re: USB attached storage on Qube2?

A talking watermelon whispered a message to me from: Andy Ruhl
> Hello. There was some talk about adding a PCI USB adapter on the list
> maybe a few months ago.
>
> I'm wondering what types of USB devices people are using?
> Specifically, is anyone using USB attached storage?
>
> I'm thinking about going completely to solid state memory, if
> possible. It would be nice to use USB sticks for this.

I'm still working on it.  Work has intruded again so I haven't been testing.

But then I'm using a Qube 2700 for my USB test-bed and eventual storage
platform so the results may not be standard.  A Qube2 would be a bit
better IMO.

Just as a side question doesn't using USB flash drives require using scsi
emulation?

Note: If we're corresponding and you don't get a response from me I
probably hit "Reply" instead of "Reply All".  And since I have an old
Ameritech static ADSL line I can't seem to get the RDNS changed to remove
the IP address - this makes it hard to mail some people.
--
Mike Hebel

                -- Dr. Who