Re: USB attached storage on Qube2?

Hi Andy...

> Hello. There was some talk about adding a PCI USB adapter on the list
> maybe a few months ago.
Yes, and I got no-where at all with it. There was a lot of patching this that
and the other, botched kernels and so on. I eventually got it to work, but
for the life of me could not mount a USB key. I don't even remember what I
did now... Whilst USB printer support worked, CUPS wouldn't build correctly
so the idea of a print server went out the window too.

> I'm thinking about going completely to solid state memory, if
> possible. It would be nice to use USB sticks for this.
Tried a CF card as a boot drive a couple of years back, ran into problems with
swap and logging. Maybe use a standard drive for those, but keep solid state
for boot?

On a more blasphemous note (just to prove hardware, you understand), did try
installing Deb**n on a Qube2 with good results on the USB front!

Best Regards,
Pete.