Re: Raq1 snort question...

A talking watermelon whispered a message to me from: Izumi Tsutsui
> nimitz%nimitzbrood.com@localhost wrote:
>
>> Is the Raq1 capable of promiscuous mode on tlp0?
>
> It should.

Okay then.

>> I was thinking about using my final Raq for a snort listener.  Snort
>> seemed to make on the box but I can't seem to make it listen to anything
>> but its own interface.
>
> You can check it by tcpdump(8).

Cool.  I'll check into that when I get home today.

> Modern intelligent switches won't pass packets not for your RaQ,
> as the snort FAQ says?

I remembered that after posting so it's plugged into a hub between the
firewall and the main switch.  But I'll check that again tonight just to
make sure.

Note to self - remember to hit reply-all...
--
Mike

                -- Dr. Who