Re: Qube2700

Hello,

I've tryed last night to build the new restore cd and using it on my Qube2700.

And it's a success :)

This is the first time I managed to boot something else than Debian Sarge on it...

Very good job !

It still something that don't work in any way, the sound card I have on PCI slot.

I built a custom kernel, with drivers for it. I patched MAKEDEV and conf/majors.cobalt to be able to use /dev/audio* devices.

Everything seems to work, audioctl, mixerctl, but... I don't have any output sounds. Just a continuous "sssshhhhhhh" in speakers, more or less strong when I play with volume settings in aumix (a prove for me that the card is controled by NetBSD).

And yes, I unmuted all (I hope ;) )...

In fact, I tryed with two card, a SB Live! with emuxki and an Ensoniq AudioPCI with eap, same result.

I posted on my website outputs for some commands (dmesg, audioctl, mixerctl).

http://www.nezetic.info/page/43/qube-2700-on-netbsd-40

If someone has a clue. Because it's hard to debug something when you don't have any errors...

Cédric