Re: Orange Pi 5 Plus

On Thu, 4 Jul 2024 12:33:03 -0500
Ted Spradley <tsprad%talent-free-studios.com@localhost> wrote:

> > If so, just copy the EFI loader[1] onto Debian's ESP
> > partition and add a boot entry for it in the firmware menu.
>
> This is the part I haven't figured out. How can I add a boot entry to
> the firmware menu? I haven't found anything in the Linux /boot
> filesystem that defines a menu. When I first power the board a few
> lines of text appear in a teeny tiny font in the corner of the screen
> and disappear before my old eyes can read it.

I think you need to press Escape at the right moment to get to the EDK2
menu. It will be easier to catch on serial console. Note you will only
need to mess with the boot entries if you want to dual boot or override
the default / autodetected boot device.

> Is there a user guide to UEFI somewhere that I can study to get answers
> to these questions?

We only have a guide for x86[1], but it should still be useful to read.
ARM is very similar. I don't know to what extent the stuff is implemented
in sysinst though since I always install from shell.

Hmm. I need to reinstall my board anyway to test and merge some PRs so
I might as well do it now and write down the steps.

[1] https://wiki.netbsd.org/Installation_on_UEFI_systems/