Re: import latest DTS files

On 03/07/2024 05:51, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
On Sun, 2024-06-30 at 14:19 +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

Why not just try this out?

You pick a Linux version to use, run the script on it, tar up the new
tree and put it on ftp.n.o.

People wanting to test it on their boards out can rename their
sys/external/gpl2/dts/dist directory out of the way and unpack your
tarball in its place.

The Linux sources have changed enough that they can't be built with
current. All the 32-bit ARM support has been moved into vendor specific
subdirectories and some of the 64-bit ARM subdirectories have targets
that cause make to just exit with an error.

I am working though the many issues I've encountered while trying to
build the DTBs and I think I'm making good progress but I'm not yet at
the point of testing DTBs or running diffs in order to head off
problems.

Once I can build all the DTBs, I could reasonably create an archive of
NetBSD source changes and an archive of DTB files. People could then do
as much or as little testing as they want.

Did you import using sys/external/gpl2/dts/dts2netbsd info a private
copy of NetBSD cvs?

BTW, RISC-V doesn't use mainline linux (yet) so dont worry about that
for now.

Nick