Re: ARM server w/ SATA ?

On Sat, 23 Dec 2023 06:25:38 +1100
matthew green <mrg%eterna23.net@localhost> wrote:

> > 3- Has a 64 core CPU, rather than the 16 core CPU of the LX2.
>
> oh, and these cores are likely at least *twice* the speed, waaay
> more memory and pcie, and should have working firmware for uefi
> and acpi arm to work...

I'll throw in a caution here. There are some unresolved issues with the
Altra. PCIe interrupts don't quite work yet. It seems the interrupt
translator can only be reached by devices if it is mapped through the
SMMU and we don't support SMMU. Plus some other issues like
arm_efirt_settime triggering a panic (edk2 bug, Linux has workaround)
and also Altra erratum #82288 which needs some rather ugly trap handler
kludges for amdgpu to work properly. I have a bunch of local patches to
work around the issues but not suitable for committing.

-Tobias