Re: ARM server w/ SATA ?

> On Dec 22, 2023, at 9:00 AM, David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> I'm thinking of making my next NetBSD build server an ARM server
> for some power, heat, and noise savings.

Replace the fan on the LX2 if you get one… that little bugger is LOUD :-)

> In dmesgs for the HoneyComb LX2 at NYC*BUG, looks like support is pretty
> good.  The board has a copper gigabit port and 4 SFPs, but I don't see
> the kernel attach any of them.  I guess the NXP QorIQ networking is not

Right, the QorIQ ports are not supported yet.

> supported?  I guess it's no problem, I can put a wm(4) into the PCIe
> slot.
>
> The LX2 is fairly spendy.  I am also looking at the Firefly ITX-3588J.
> It's based on the Rockchip RK3588.  Looking again at dmesgd, the RK3588
> seems to have good support except possibly for the SATA controller?

There’s also this:

	https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813140134

It’s a little more expensive, but:

1- Has 2x Intel X550 10GbE ports
2- Has 1x Intel i210 1GbE port
3- Has a 64 core CPU, rather than the 16 core CPU of the LX2.

Bananas.

-- thorpej