Re: sysupgrade vs fresh install Raspberry Pi 4

Ted Spradley <tsprad%talent-free-studios.com@localhost> writes:

> 2. I used pkg_add to install pkg_install-20211115.tgz and
> pkgin-22.10.0nb2.tgz but when I tried to run pkgin it complained of
> missing libssl.so.14. It has libssl.so.15 but not 14, so I copied 14
> and the symlinks from the other memstick and tried again. Now I got
> missing libcrypto.so.14 so I copied those as well into both /usr/lib
> and /lib but I still get the same error. I've searched the working
> memstick for other places it might hide and found none. All are
> identical. I'm at a loss for clues.

netbsd-10 just got openssl 3.  This changed the major shlib verion of
ssl and crypto (or would have and I haven't actually seen it).
Therefore binary packages built on netbsd-10-before and netbsd-10-after
are different.

I think mlelstv has announced new packages.   Basically I would advise:

  upgrade base to a build after the pullup

  use packages built from a system after the pullup

This level of problem on a stable branch is rare, and this is only
allowed because it is pre-release.