sysupgrade vs fresh install Raspberry Pi 4

I see a couple of anomalies in NetBSD-10 Dailies. I have a memstick that I had a daily from July on and ran sysupgrade from August 12. Everything works as expected, just fine, thanks! So I did a fresh install of the same August 12 daily onto another memstick and copied some configuration files from the first onto it, but it doesn't work the same:

1. xdm and ctwm work fine, but Ctrl-Alt-F{1,2,3,4} do nothing. On the first one I get the usual virtual terminals as always. I copied /etc/ttys from the first. Is there something else that controls this?

2. I used pkg_add to install pkg_install-20211115.tgz and pkgin-22.10.0nb2.tgz but when I tried to run pkgin it complained of missing libssl.so.14. It has libssl.so.15 but not 14, so I copied 14 and the symlinks from the other memstick and tried again. Now I got missing libcrypto.so.14 so I copied those as well into both /usr/lib and /lib but I still get the same error. I've searched the working memstick for other places it might hide and found none. All are identical. I'm at a loss for clues.

Before I just dd the working one onto another one I thought I'd ask if there's something I should know about.

--
Ted Spradley <tsprad%talent-free-studios.com@localhost>