Re: Problem booting Orange Pi One on NetBSD 10.0_BETA

[missing cc]

On 7/26/23 10:48, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 10:16:55AM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
They only differ by the u-boot installed.

And they are all 32 bit arm systems, I take it.

Not sure I understand you correctly. There are 64bit images too.

Ah, I see the Allwinner H5 is Cortex-A53, so 64 bit, too. The R1 plus has a RK3328, and lacks video (serial console, only). I tried a Rockchip64 image, but that errored out very early.

Do the images on armbsd.org also need to be prepended with an u-boot image?

If there is a pkgsrc u-boot pkg for a SoC it comes with machine readable
instructions for "installboot" to place the boot loader binary at the proper
place of the SD card image.

And if there isn't, where do you start?

After that you are in u-boot and you load the binary device tree (dtb)
and the NetBSD kernel from a FAT partition,

The dtb tree appears to have everything but the kitchen sink. How do I pick the right one, and how to I add one if it isn't there yet? I found an "rk3328-orangepi-r1-plus.dts" in linuxland, now what do I do with it? Too much cargo-culting...

Cheerio,
Hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344