Re: netbsd-9 failure

On Wed 19 Jan 2022 at 16:49:18 +1300, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are hosting this on a
> system with a recent GCC. GCC used to allow this sort of code, but not any
> more.

Recent-ish gcc versions don't allow duplicate "common" values any more
(usually those are uninitialized global values). Previously it just
overlapped them (like Fortran "common blocks"). There are some options
related to this, such as -fno-common or -fcommon. There are also some
related linker options for this, where the default changed.
I think there may be some packages with some build option where the
setting changed back to how it was, but I can't find examples so quickly
now.

> Lloyd
-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto