Re: Xfce 4.14 and Firefox Browser for armv7

On Fri, 05 Jun 2020 11:56:58 +0100
Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> You could try building a browser that doesn't need as much RAM.
>
> We have kept the www/firefox52 package in the tree for older systems,
> it won't run recent extensions like uBlock but it is the last version
> of firefox that doesn't need rust and can be built with just gtk2.

I've not tried cross-compiling pkgsrc, but I wonder if something like
this would work for packages like latest firefox:

https://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/doc/HOWTO-use-crosscompile

The way some software is designed these days, you need supercomputers
to build it.