Re: Xfce 4.14 and Firefox Browser for armv7

Dmitrii Postolov <dpostolov%yandex.ru@localhost> wrote:
>FriendlyARM NanoPi M1, Allwinner H3 SoC armv7, 1GB RAM, 128GB MicroSD.

How much swap space do you have on the MicroSD card ?

[snip]

>Possible solutions: upgrading gcc to 7.5.0 from 2020Q1 packages or later
>versions from pkgsrc, and pkgsrc-current for fresh Firefox for next
>builds? Any ideas?

You could try building a browser that doesn't need as much RAM.

We have kept the www/firefox52 package in the tree for older systems,
it won't run recent extensions like uBlock but it is the last version
of firefox that doesn't need rust and can be built with just gtk2.